Baruch 바룩

Baruch 바룩

디케DIKE 0 339
Baruch
바룩
Bar.1
[1] These are the words of the book which Baruch the son of Neraiah, son of Mahseiah, son of Zedekiah, son of Hasadiah, son of Hilkiah, wrote in Babylon,
[2] in the fifth year, on the seventh day of the month, at the time when the Chaldeans took Jerusalem and burned it with fire.
[3] And Baruch read the words of this book in the hearing of Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim, king of Judah, and in the hearing of all the people who came to hear the book,
[4] and in the hearing of the mighty men and the princes, and in the hearing of the elders, and in the hearing of all the people, small and great, all who dwelt in Babylon by the river Sud.
[5] Then they wept, and fasted, and prayed before the Lord;
[6] and they collected money, each giving what he could;
[7] and they sent it to Jerusalem to Jehoiakim the high priest, the son of Hilkiah, son of Shallum, and to the priests, and to all the people who were present with him in Jerusalem.
[8] At the same time, on the tenth day of Sivan, Baruch took the vessels of the house of the Lord, which had been carried away from the temple, to return them to the land of Judah -- the silver vessels which Zedekiah the son of Josiah, king of Judah, had made,
[9] after Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon had carried away from Jerusalem Jeconiah and the princes and the prisoners and the mighty men and the people of the land, and brought them to Babylon.
[10] And they said: "Herewith we send you money; so buy with the money burnt offerings and sin offerings and incense, and prepare a cereal offering, and offer them upon the altar of the Lord our God;
[11] and pray for the life of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and for the life of Belshazzar his son, that their days on earth may be like the days of heaven.
[12] And the Lord will give us strength, and he will give light to our eyes, and we shall live under the protection of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and under the protection of Belshazzar his son, and we shall serve them many days and find favor in their sight.
[13] And pray for us to the Lord our God, for we have sinned against the Lord our God, and to this day the anger of the Lord and his wrath have not turned away from us.
[14] And you shall read this book which we are sending you, to make your confession in the house of the Lord on the days of the feasts and at appointed seasons.
[15] "And you shall say: `Righteousness belongs to the Lord our God, but confusion of face, as at this day, to us, to the men of Judah, to the inhabitants of Jerusalem,
[16] and to our kings and our princes and our priests and our prophets and our fathers,
[17] because we have sinned before the Lord,
[18] and have disobeyed him, and have not heeded the voice of the Lord our God, to walk in the statutes of the Lord which he set before us.
[19] From the day when the Lord brought our fathers out of the land of Egypt until today, we have been disobedient to the Lord our God, and we have been negligent, in not heeding his voice.
[20] So to this day there have clung to us the calamities and the curse which the Lord declared through Moses his servant at the time when he brought our fathers out of the land of Egypt to give to us a land flowing with milk and honey.
[21] We did not heed the voice of the Lord our God in all the words of the prophets whom he sent to us, but we each followed the intent of his own wicked heart by serving other gods and doing what is evil in the sight of the Lord our God.
1장
[1]이 책에 기록된 말씀은 바룩이 바빌론에서 쓴 것이다. 바룩은 네리야의 아들이고 네리야는 마아세야의, 마아세야는 시드키야의, 시드키야는 하사디야의, 하사디야는 힐키야의 아들이다.
[2]이 책은 갈대아 사람들이 예루살렘을 점령하여 불살라 버린 지 오 년째 되던 해 바로 그달 칠일에 기록된 것이다.
[3]바룩은 이 책에 기록된 말씀을 유다 왕 여호야킴의 아들 여고니야와 그 말씀을 들으려 온 모든 백성들과
[4]또 권력있는 사람들과 왕족들과 원로들과 높고 낮은 모든 사람들, 곧 수드 강변에 있는 바빌론의 모든 주민들에게 읽어 주었다.
[5]그들은 눈물을 흘리고 단식을 하며 주님께 기도 하였다.
[6]그리고 각자가 할 수 있는 대로 돈을 내어 그것을
[7]예루살렘에 보내어 살룸의 손자이며 힐키야의 아들인 여호야킴 사제를 비롯한 다른 사제들과, 그와 함께 예루살렘에 있던 모든 사람들에게 전하였다.
[8]한편 바룩은 바빌론 사람들이 주님의 집에서 빼앗아 간 기물들을 회수하여 시완월 십일에 유다 땅으로 보냈다. 그 기물들은 유다 왕 요시아의 아들 시드키야가 만든 은제 기물들이었다.
[9]이것은 바빌론 왕 느부갓네살이 여고니야와 고관들과 포로들과 권세있는 자들과 평민들을 예루살렘에서 바빌론으로 데려 간 후의 일이다.
[10]다음은 잡혀 간 사람들이 한 말이다. 우리가 당신들에게 돈을 보내니 이 돈을 가지고 번제물과 속죄제물과 항목을 사십시오. 그리고 음식을 차려서 주 우리 하느님의 제단에 바치십시오.
[11]그리고 바빌론 왕 느부갓네살과 그의 아들 벨사살이 이 세상에서 오래 살도록 기도하십시오. 마치 하늘의 날들이 영속되는 것과 같이 땅 위에서도 그들의 날들이 길이 지속되기를 기도하십시오.
[12]주님께서 우리에게 힘을 주시고 우리 눈을 밝혀 주실 것입니다. 그러면 우리는 바빌론 왕 느부갓네살과 그의 아들 벨사살의 보호 아래 살 것이며 오랜 세월 동안 그들을 섬기며 그들의 총애를 받을 것입니다.
[13]또한 우리를 위해서도 주 우리 하느님께 기도하십시오. 우리는 주 우리 하느님께 죄를 지어 오늘에 이르기까지 주님의 격분과 진노가 우리에게서 떠나지 않았습니다.
[14]우리가 당신들에게 보내는 이 책을 주님의 집에서 축제일과 특별한 절기에 공중 앞에서 소리 내어 크게 읽으십시오.
[15]그리고 이렇게 말하십시오. 주 우리 하느님은 공정하십니다. 그러나 우리는 오늘 이와 같이 부끄러움을 당하여 얼굴을 들지 못하게 되었습니다. 유다 사람들과 예루살렘에 사는 주민들은 물론
[16]우리 왕들과 고관들과 사제들과 예언자들과 조상들도 부끄러움을 당했습니다.
[17]우리는 주님 앞에 죄를 지었고
[18]그분에게 순종하지 않았으며 우리에게 내려 주신 주님의 명령을 따라 살라고 하신 우리 주 하느님의 말씀에 귀를 기울이지 않았습니다.
[19]에집트에서 우리 조상들을 구출하신 그 날부터 우리는 그분께 순종하지 않았으며 그분의 말씀을 가볍게 여기고 귀담아 듣지 않았습니다.
[20]주님께서는 우리 민족에게 젖과 꿀이 흐르는 땅을 주시려고 우리 조상들을 에집트에서 이끌어 내시던 그 때, 당신의 종 모세를 통하여 내리셨던 그 재난과 저주를 오늘날 우리에게도 내리셨습니다.
[21]그러나 우리는 하느님께서 우리에게 보내 주신 예언자들의 온갖 경고에도 불구하고 우리 주 하느님의 말씀을 듣지 않았습니다.
[22]우리의 마음은 악하게 기울어져서 모두들 다른 잡신을 섬겼고 우리 주 하느님의 뜻에 맞지 않는 일을 행하며 멋대로 살았습니다.

Bar.2
[1] "`So the Lord confirmed his word, which he spoke against us, and against our judges who judged Israel, and against our kings and against our princes and against the men of Israel and Judah.
[2] Under the whole heaven there has not been done the like of what he has done in Jerusalem, in accordance with what is written in the law of Moses,
[3] that we should eat, one the flesh of his son and another the flesh of his daughter.
[4] And he gave them into subjection to all the kingdoms around us, to be a reproach and a desolation among all the surrounding peoples, where the Lord has scattered them.
[5] They were brought low and not raised up, because we sinned against the Lord our God, in not heeding his voice.
[6] "`Righteousness belongs to the Lord our God, but confusion of face to us and our fathers, as at this day.
[7] All those calamities with which the Lord threatened us have come upon us.
[8] Yet we have not entreated the favor of the Lord by turning away, each of us, from the thoughts of his wicked heart.
[9] And the Lord has kept the calamities ready, and the Lord has brought them upon us, for the Lord is righteous in all his works which he has commanded us to do.
[10] Yet we have not obeyed his voice, to walk in the statutes of the Lord which he set before us.
[11] "`And now, O Lord God of Israel, who didst bring thy people out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand and with signs and wonders and with great power and outstretched arm, and hast made thee a name, as at this day,
[12] we have sinned, we have been ungodly, we have done wrong, O Lord our God, against all thy ordinances.
[13] Let thy anger turn away from us, for we are left, few in number, among the nations where thou hast scattered us.
[14] Hear, O Lord, our prayer and our supplication, and for thy own sake deliver us, and grant us favor in the sight of those who have carried us into exile;
[15] that all the earth may know that thou art the Lord our God, for Israel and his descendants are called by thy name.
[16] O Lord, look down from thy holy habitation, and consider us. Incline thy ear, O Lord, and hear;
[17] open thy eyes, O Lord, and see; for the dead who are in Hades, whose spirit has been taken from their bodies, will not ascribe glory or justice to the Lord,
[18] but the person that is greatly distressed, that goes about bent over and feeble, and the eyes that are failing, and the person that hungers, will ascribe to thee glory and righteousness, O Lord.
[19] For it is not because of any righteous deeds of our fathers or our kings that we bring before thee our prayer for mercy, O Lord our God.
[20] For thou hast sent thy anger and thy wrath upon us, as thou didst declare by thy servants the prophets, saying:
[21] "Thus says the Lord: Bend your shoulders and serve the king of Babylon, and you will remain in the land which I gave to your fathers.
[22] But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord and will not serve the king of Babylon,
[23] I will make to cease from the cities of Judah and from the region about Jerusalem the voice of mirth and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, and the whole land will be a desolation without inhabitants."
[24] "`But we did not obey thy voice, to serve the king of Babylon; and thou hast confirmed thy words, which thou didst speak by thy servants the prophets, that the bones of our kings and the bones of our fathers would be brought out of their graves;
[25] and behold, they have been cast out to the heat of day and the frost of night. They perished in great misery, by famine and sword and pestilence.
[26] And the house which is called by thy name thou hast made as it is today, because of the wickedness of the house of Israel and the house of Judah.
[27] "`Yet thou hast dealt with us, O Lord our God, in all thy kindness and in all thy great compassion,
[28] as thou didst speak by thy servant Moses on the day when thou didst command him to write thy law in the presence of the people of Israel, saying,
[29] "If you will not obey my voice, this very great multitude will surely turn into a small number among the nations, where I will scatter them.
[30] For I know that they will not obey me, for they are a stiff-necked people. But in the land of their exile they will come to themselves,
[31] and they will know that I am the Lord their God. I will give them a heart that obeys and ears that hear;
[32] and they will praise me in the land of their exile, and will remember my name,
[33] and will turn from their stubbornness and their wicked deeds; for they will remember the ways of their fathers, who sinned before the Lord.
[34] I will bring them again into the land which I swore to give to their fathers, to Abraham and to Isaac and to Jacob, and they will rule over it; and I will increase them, and they will not be diminished.
[35] I will make an everlasting covenant with them to be their God and they shall be my people; and I will never again remove my people Israel from the land which I have given them."
2장
[1]그래서 주님께서는 우리와 이스라엘을 다스리는 우리 사제들과 왕들과 지도자들과 그리고 이스라엘과 유다의 백성들에게 내리셨던 경고의 말씀대로 행하셨습니다.
[2]결국 예루살렘은 모세의 율법서에 기록된 대로 벌을 받았는데 그 벌은 온 천하 어디에서도 볼 수 없는 것이었습니다.
[3]우리는 모두 자기 아들과 딸의 살을 먹기까지 했습니다.
[4]그 뿐 아니라 주님께서는 우리 민족을 우리 주변에 있는 모든 나라 사람들의 손에 넘겨 주셨고 우리로 하여금 그들 가운데서 굴욕과 패망을 당하게 하셨습니다. 그리고 우리 민족을 주변에 있는 나라들 가운데로 흩으셨습니다.
[5]그리하여 흩어진 그들은 위에 오르지 못하고 밑으로 떨어져 버렸습니다. 주 우리 하느님의 말씀을 듣지 않고 그분에게 죄를 지었기 때문입니다.
[6]우리와 조상들은 오늘날 이와 같이 부끄러움을 당하여 얼굴을 들지 못하게 되었습니다.
[7]주님께서 우리에게 경고해 주셨던 이 모든 재난이 결국 우리에게 닥쳐 오고야 말았습니다.
[8]그런데도 우리는 마음의 악한 생각으로부터 돌아 서게 해 달라고 주님께 기도하지 않았습니다.
[9]주님께서는 우리의 악을 지켜 보시다가 재난을 내리셨습니다. 주님은 우리에게 명하신 일들에 대해서는 모두 공정하게 갚아 주시기 때문입니다.
[10]그래도 우리는 주님의 말씀을 듣지 않았고 우리에게 내려 주신 명령을 따르지 않았습니다.
[11]이스라엘의 주 하느님, 당신은 두 팔을 펼치시어 표징과 기적과 큰 권능을 나타내 보이시며 힘찬 손으로 당신의 백성을 에집트에서 이끌어 내셨습니다. 그리고 오늘에 이르기까지 당신 이름을 떨치셨습니다.
[12]우리는 당신의 계명을 거슬러 죄를 지었고 경건치 못하게 살았습니다.
[13]당신의 분노를 우리에게서 거두소서. 당신은 우리를 이방인들 사이에 흩어져 살게 하셨고 거기에 살아 남은 우리의 수효는 얼마 되지 않았습니다.
[14]주님, 우리의 기도와 간구를 들어 주소서. 우리를 구원하시어 당신의 영광을 드러내시고, 우리를 포로로 데려 간 자들이 보는 앞에서 우리에게 은총을 내려 주소서.
[15]그리하여 온 세상으로 하여금 당신께서 주 우리 하느님이시라는 것과 이스라엘과 그 민족이 당신의 이름을 지니고 산다는 것을 알게 하소서.
[16]주님, 당신의 거룩한 집에서 우리를 굽어 보시고 생각해 주소서. 주님, 당신의 귀를 기울여 들으소서.
[17]주님, 당신의 눈을 뜨시고 보소서. 심장이 멈추고 숨이 끊어져 무덤 속에 있는 죽은 자들은 주님의 영광과 정의를 찬양하지 못할 것입니다.
[18]그러나 크게 고민에 싸여 살아 있는 사람들, 즉 눈은 흐려지고 허리도 제대로 가누지 못하며 힘없이 걸어 다니는 가난한 가난한 사람들이 주님의 영광과 정의를 드러냅니다.
[19]주 우리 하느님, 우리가 우리의 조상이나 왕들의 올바른 행동을 내세워 당신께 자비를 구하는 것은 아닙니다.
[20]당신께서는 당신의 종 예언자들을 통하여 말씀하신 대로 당신의 분노와 격분의 벌을 내리셨습니다.
[21]그들은 이렇게 말했습니다.
[22]"주님께서 말씀하신다. 머리를 숙여 바빌론 왕을 섬겨라.
[23]그러나 만일 바빌론 왕을 섬기라는 주님의 말씀을 듣지 않는다면,
[24]기쁘고 즐거운 음악소리와 신랑 신부의 즐거운 소리를 유다에 유다에 있는 도시들과 예루살렘 지방에서 없애 버리리라. 온 나라가 사람 사는 곳이 없어 황폐하게 될 것이다."
[25]그러나 우리는 바빌론 왕을 섬기라는 당신의 말씀을 듣지 않았습니다. 당신은 당신의 종 예언자들을 통해서 하신 말씀을 이루시어 우리 임금들의 뼈와 조상들의 뼈가 무덤에서 파헤쳐지게 하셨습니다.
[26]당신께서는 당신의 이름을 부르고 사는 이스라엘과 유다의 집을 오늘의 이 모양으로 만드셨습니다. 그것은 그들의 죄악 때문이었습니다.
[27]주 우리 하느님! 당신께서는 극진하신 사랑과 크신 자비로 우리를 대해 주셨습니다.
[28]이것은 당신께서 당신의 종 모세에게 이스라엘 사람들 앞에서 당신의 율법을 기록하라고 명하신 그 날 말씀하신 그대로였습니다.
[29]"망일 너희들이 내 말을 듣지 않는다면 내가 너희를 이방나라 가운데 흩어 버릴 것이며 이 헤아릴 수 없이 많은 백성의 수를 아주 적은 수로 줄이리라. 이 백성은 완고하여 내 말을 듣지 않을 것을 알고 있기 때문이다.
[30]그러나 그들은 포로생활하는 나라에서 정신을 차리고
[31]내가 그들의 주 하느님이라는 것을 알게 될 것이며 나는 그들에게 깨달을 수 있는 마음과 들을 수 있는 귀를 줄 것이다.
[32]그들이 포로로 잡혀 간 그 땅에서 나를 찬양하게 되고 내 이름을 기억할 것이다.
[33]그리고 그들의 완고한 생각과 악한 행실을 버릴 것이다. 그들의 조상이 주님 앞에 죄를 짓고 어떻게 되었는지를 다시 생각하게 될 것이기 때문이다.
[34]그러면 나는 그들의 조상 아브라함과 이사악과 야곱에게 주겠다고 약속한 땅으로 돌려 보내리라. 그들은 그 땅을 지배할 것이다. 나는 그들의 수를 늘게 하리라. 그들의 수는 결코 줄어 들지 않을 것이다.
[35]나는 그들과 영원한 계약을 맺어 그들의 하느님이 되고 그들은 내 백성이 될 것이다. 그리고 내가 그들에게 준 땅에서 내 백성 이스라엘을 다시는 내쫓지 않을 것이다."

Bar.3
[1] "`O Lord Almighty, God of Israel, the soul in anguish and the wearied spirit cry out to thee.
[2] Hear, O Lord, and have mercy, for we have sinned before thee.
[3] For thou art enthroned for ever, and we are perishing for ever.
[4] O Lord Almighty, God of Israel, hear now the prayer of the dead of Israel and of the sons of those who sinned before thee, who did not heed the voice of the Lord their God, so that calamities have clung to us.
[5] Remember not the iniquities of our fathers, but in this crisis remember thy power and thy name.
[6] For thou art the Lord our God, and thee, O Lord, will we praise.
[7] For thou hast put the fear of thee in our hearts in order that we should call upon thy name; and we will praise thee in our exile, for we have put away from our hearts all the iniquity of our fathers who sinned before thee.
[8] Behold, we are today in our exile where thou hast scattered us, to be reproached and cursed and punished for all the iniquities of our fathers who forsook the Lord our God.'"
[9] Hear the commandments of life, O Israel;
give ear, and learn wisdom!
[10] Why is it, O Israel, why is it that you are
in the land of your enemies,
that you are growing old in a foreign country,
that you are defiled with the dead,
[11] that you are counted among those in Hades?
[12] You have forsaken the fountain of wisdom.
[13] If you had walked in the way of God,
you would be dwelling in peace for ever.
[14] Learn where there is wisdom,
where there is strength,
where there is understanding,
that you may at the same time discern
where there is length of days, and life,
where there is light for the eyes, and peace.

[15] Who has found her place?
And who has entered her storehouses?
[16] Where are the princes of the nations,
and those who rule over the beasts on earth;
[17] those who have sport with the birds of the air,
and who hoard up silver and gold,
in which men trust,
and there is no end to their getting;
[18] those who scheme to get silver, and are anxious,
whose labors are beyond measure?
[19] They have vanished and gone down to Hades,
and others have arisen in their place.

[20] Young men have seen the light of day,
and have dwelt upon the earth;
but they have not learned the way to knowledge,
nor understood her paths,
nor laid hold of her.
[21] Their sons have strayed far from her way.
[22] She has not been heard of in Canaan,
nor seen in Teman;
[23] the sons of Hagar, who seek for understanding on the earth,
the merchants of Merran and Teman,
the story-tellers and the seekers for understanding,
have not learned the way to wisdom,
nor given thought to her paths.

[24] O Israel, how great is the house of God!
And how vast the territory that he possesses!
[25] It is great and has no bounds;
it is high and immeasurable.
[26] The giants were born there, who were famous of old,
great in stature, expert in war.
[27] God did not choose them,
nor give them the way to knowledge;
[28] so they perished because they had no wisdom,
they perished through their folly.

[29] Who has gone up into heaven, and taken her,
and brought her down from the clouds?
[30] Who has gone over the sea, and found her,
and will buy her for pure gold?
[31] No one knows the way to her,
or is concerned about the path to her.
[32] But he who knows all things knows her,
he found her by his understanding.
He who prepared the earth for all time
filled it with four-footed creatures;
[33] he who sends forth the light, and it goes,
called it, and it obeyed him in fear;
[34] the stars shone in their watches, and were glad;
he called them, and they said, "Here we are!"
They shone with gladness for him who made them.
[35] This is our God;
no other can be compared to him!
[36] He found the whole way to knowledge,
and gave her to Jacob his servant
and to Israel whom he loved.
[37] Afterward she appeared upon earth
and lived among men.
3장
[1]이스라엘의 전능하신 주 하느님, 우리가 괴로움과 절망에 빠져 당신을 향하여 부르짖습니다.
[2]주님, 들어 주소서. 그리고 자비를 베푸소서.
[3]당신은 영원히 왕좌에 앉아 계시지만 우리는 영원히 죽게 되었습니다.
[4]이스라엘의 전능하신 주 하느님, 죽은 이스라엘 사람들과 그들의 후손들이 드리는 기도를 들어 주소서. 그들은 당신께 죄를 지었고 그들의 주 하느님이신 당신의 말씀을 듣지 않았습니다. 그래서 그들은 재난을 당하게 되었습니다.
[5]당신은 이 때에 우리 조상들의 그릇된 행실을 기억하지 마시고 당신의 능력과 이름을 생각하소서.
[6]당신은 우리의 주 하느님이십니다. 우리는 주님이신 당신을 찬양할 것입니다.
[7]당신께서 우리에게 당신을 두려워하는 마음을 넣어 주셔서 당신의 이름을 부르게 하셨으므로 우리는 추방당해 살면서도 당신을 찬양할 것입니다. 우리는 당신께 죄를 지은 우리 조상들의 모든 악을 우리 마음 속에서 물리쳐 버렸습니다.
[8]당신께서 우리를 외국에 흩어져 살게 하셨으므로 우리가 오늘날 이 곳에서 포로생활을 하면서 수치와 저주와 벌을 받고 있습니다. 이것은 우리 주 하느님을 멀리한 우리 조상들이 저지른 온갖 잘못의 댓가입니다.
[9]이스라엘아! 생명의 말씀을 들어라. 귀를 기울여 지혜를 배워라.
[10]이스라엘아! 네가 어찌하여 남의 나라에서 늙어 가며 원수들의 땅에서 사느냐?
[11]이스라엘아! 네가 어찌하여 죽은 자들과 함께 섞여 지옥으로 가는 자들 틈에 끼게 되었느냐?
[12]네가 지혜의 샘을 외면했기 때문이다.
[13]만일네가 하느님의 길을 걸었더라면 너는 영원히 평화롭게 살았을 것이다.
[14]지혜가 어디서 오는지, 힘이 어디서 오는지, 깨달음이 어디서 오는지를 배워라. 그리하여 장수의 비결이 어디 있는지 눈을 밝게 하는 빛과 평화가 어디서 오는지를 깨달아라.
[15]지혜의 있는 곳을 발견한 사람이 누구인가? 지혜의 보고에 들어 가 본 사람이 누구인가?
[16]나라의 통치자가 어디 있는지 아는가? 땅 위의 짐승을 주관하고
[17]하늘의 새를 마음대로 가지고 노는 자들이 어디 있는가? 사람들이 그렇게도 의지하며 무한히 가지고 싶어하는 금과 은을 쌓아 둔 자들은 모두 어디 있는가?
[18]수고의 댓가도 받지 못하면서 돈을 벌려고 애태우며 노력하던 자들은 어디 갔는가?
[19]그들은 사라져 지옥으로 내려 가 버리고 다른 사람들이 그들의 자리를 차지하고 있다.
[20]젊은이들은 땅 위에서 빛을 보며 살았지만 지혜의 길은 알지 못하였다.
[21]그들은 지혜의 길을 깨닫지도 못하고 실천하지도 않았다. 그들의 자손들도 그 길을 멀리하였다.
[22]가나안에서 그 길이 있다는 말조차 들어 볼 수 없었고 데만에서 그 길을 찾아 볼 수 없었다.
[23]세상의 지혜를 구하던 하갈의 자손들, 메란과 데만의 상인들, 이야기를 지어 내는 사람들과 그리고 지식의 길을 탐구하는 사람도 지혜의 길을 알지 못하였고 생각해 내지도 못하였다.
[24]한심하구나, 이스라엘아 하느님의 집이 얼마나 넓은지 너는 아느냐?
[25]크고 끝없고 높아 측량할 수가 없다.
[26]거기에서 몸집이 크고 전쟁에 능한 옛날부터 이름난 거인들이 태어났다.
[27]하느님께서는 그들을 선택하지 않으셨고 그들에게 지혜의 길을 나타내 보이지도 않으셨다.
[28]그래서 그들은 지혜가 없어 멸망했고 생각이 모자라 파멸했다.
[29]누가 하늘에 올라 가 지혜를 잡았는가? 누가 지혜를 구름 아래로 끌어 내렸는가?
[30]바다를 건너 가 지혜를 발견하여 순금을 주고 사 온 사람이 누구인가?
[31]지혜의 길을 아는 사람은 하나도 없다. 또한 그 길을 깊이 생각하는 사람도 없다.
[32]모든 것을 다 아시는 그분만이 통찰력을 가지고 지혜를 알아 내셨다. 영원히 이 땅을 있게 하시고 그 안에 네 발 가진 짐승들을 살게 하셨다.
[33]그분이 보내시니 빛은 가고 그분이 부르시니 빛은 떨며 복종한다.
[34]별들은 때맞추어 빛을 내며 즐거워한다.
[35]별들을 부르시니 "우리가 여기 있습니다" 대답하며, 자기들을 만들어 주신 분을 위하여 즐거움으로 빛을 낸다.
[36]그분이 우리 하느님이시다. 아무도 그분에 비교될 수 없다.
[37]그분이 모든 지혜의 길을 찾아 내시어 당신의 종 야곱과 당신의 사랑을 받는 이스라엘에게 주시었다.
[38]그리고 나서야 비로소 땅 위에 지혜가 나타나게 되었고 사람들과 함께 어울리게 되었다.
Bar.4
[1] She is the book of the commandments of God,
and the law that endures for ever.
All who hold her fast will live,
and those who forsake her will die.
[2] Turn, O Jacob, and take her;
walk toward the shining of her light.
[3] Do not give your glory to another,
or your advantages to an alien people.
[4] Happy are we, O Israel,
for we know what is pleasing to God.

[5] Take courage, my people,
O memorial of Israel!
[6] It was not for destruction
that you were sold to the nations,
but you were handed over to your enemies
because you angered God.
[7] For you provoked him who made you,
by sacrificing to demons and not to God.
[8] You forgot the everlasting God, who brought you up,
and you grieved Jerusalem, who reared you.
[9] For she saw the wrath that came upon you from God,
and she said:
"Hearken, you neighbors of Zion,
God has brought great sorrow upon me;
[10] for I have seen the captivity of my sons and daughters,
which the Everlasting brought upon them.
[11] With joy I nurtured them,
but I sent them away with weeping and sorrow.
[12] Let no one rejoice over me, a widow
and bereaved of many;
I was left desolate because of the sins of my children,
because they turned away from the law of God.
[13] They had no regard for his statutes;
they did not walk in the ways of God's commandments,
nor tread the paths of discipline in his righteousness.
[14] Let the neighbors of Zion come;
remember the capture of my sons and daughters,
which the Everlasting brought upon them.
[15] For he brought against them a nation from afar,
a shameless nation, of a strange language,
who had no respect for an old man,
and had no pity for a child.
[16] They led away the widow's beloved sons,
and bereaved the lonely woman of her daughters.
[17] "But I, how can I help you?
[18] For he who brought these calamities upon you
will deliver you from the hand of your enemies.
[19] Go, my children, go;
for I have been left desolate.
[20] I have taken off the robe of peace
and put on the sackcloth of my supplication;
I will cry to the Everlasting all my days.

[21] "Take courage, my children, cry to God,
and he will deliver you from the power and hand of the enemy.
[22] For I have put my hope in the Everlasting to save you,
and joy has come to me from the Holy One,
because of the mercy which soon will come to you
from your everlasting Savior.
[23] For I sent you out with sorrow and weeping,
but God will give you back to me with joy
and gladness for ever.
[24] For as the neighbors of Zion have now seen your capture,
so they soon will see your salvation by God,
which will come to you with great glory
and with the splendor of the Everlasting.
[25] My children, endure with patience the wrath
that has come upon you from God.
Your enemy has overtaken you,
but you will soon see their destruction
and will tread upon their necks.
[26] My tender sons have traveled rough roads;
they were taken away like a flock carried off by the enemy.

[27] "Take courage, my children, and cry to God,
for you will be remembered by him who brought this upon you.
[28] For just as you purposed to go astray from God,
return with tenfold zeal to seek him.
[29] For he who brought these calamities upon you
will bring you everlasting joy with your salvation."

[30] Take courage, O Jerusalem,
for he who named you will comfort you.
[31] Wretched will be those who afflicted you
and rejoiced at your fall.
[32] Wretched will be the cities which your children
served as slaves;
wretched will be the city which received your sons.
[33] For just as she rejoiced at your fall
and was glad for your ruin,
so she will be grieved at her own desolation.
[34] And I will take away her pride in her great population,
and her insolence will be turned to grief.
[35] For fire will come upon her from the Everlasting for many days,
and for a long time she will be inhabited by demons.

[36] Look toward the east, O Jerusalem,
and see the joy that is coming to you from God!
[37] Behold, your sons are coming, whom you sent away;
they are coming, gathered from east and west,
at the word of the Holy One,
rejoicing in the glory of God.

4장
[1]그것은 곧 하느님의 계명과 영원히 존속하는 율법을 기록한 책. 이 지혜를 따르는 사람은 살 것이고 이 지혜를 버리는 자는 죽을 것이다.
[2]야곱아 돌아 서서 지혜를 잡아라. 그 지혜의 빛을 따라 밝은 길을 가라.
[3]네 영광을 남에게 빼앗기지 말아라. 네 나라 이권을 남의 나라에 넘겨 주지 말아라.
[4]하느님께서 기뻐하시는 일이 무엇인지를 우리가 알게 되었으니 이스라엘아 네가 행복하구나.
[5]이스라엘의 이름을 아직도 지니고 있는 내 백성들아 낙심하지 말아라.
[6]너희가 이방으로 팔려 갔으나 그것이 너희를 멸망시키려는 것은 아니요 다만 하느님의 노여움을 샀기 때문에 원수들의 손에 넘어간 것이다.
[7]너희는 제물을 하느님께 바치지 아니하고 귀신에게 바침으로써 너희의 창조주를 분노케 하였다.
[8]너희는 너희를 길러 주신 영원하신 하느님을 잊어 버렸고 너희를 돌보아 준 예루살렘을 슬프게 하였다.
[9]예루살렘은 너희 위에 하느님의 진노가 떨어지는 것을 보고 이렇게 말하였다. "들어라, 시온의 이웃들아 하느님께서 큰 슬픔을 나에게 주셨다.
[10]내 아들 딸들이 영원하신 분의 벌을 받아 포로로 잡혀 가는 것을 나는 보았다.
[11]나는 그들을 기르면서 기뻐했건만 마침내 슬피 우는 가운데 그들이 떠나는 것을 지켜 보았다.
[12]내가 홀어미 되어 많은 사람에게 멸시받는 것을 보고 즐거워하는 자가 없기를 바란다. 나는 내 자식들의 죄 때문에 황폐하게 되었다. 내 자식들은 하느님의 율법을 멀리하였고
[13]하느님께서 분부하신 올바른 일들을 무시하였다. 그들은 하느님의 계명을 따라 살지 않았고 그분의 정의대로 가르치는 교훈의 길을 따르려 하지 않았다.
[14]시온의 이웃들아, 이리 오라. 그리고 나의 아들 딸들이 영원하신 분의 벌을 받아 포로로 잡혀 가던 일을 생각하여라.
[15]그 영원하신 분이 어른도 몰라 보고 어린이에 대한 인정도 포악하고 언어도 다른 나라를 먼 곳으로부터 이끌어 들여 나의 아들 딸들을 치게 하셨다.
[16]그 민족들이 이 홀어미의 사랑하는 아들 딸들을 모조리 끌어 가 버리고 나를 홀로 남게 하여 쓸쓸하게 만들었다.
[17]그러니 어떻게 내가 너희들을 구원할 수 있겠는가?
[18]너희들에게 재난을 내리신 바로 그분이시라야 너희의 원수들의 손에서 너희를 구원하실 것이다.
[19]자, 어서 너희들은 앞으로 나아가라. 나는 혼자 남아 있게 되었다.
[20]나는 평화로울 대 입던 옷을 벗고 기도할 때 입는 베옷을 입었다. 나는 죽을 때까지 영원하신 분께 부르짖을 것이다.
[21]나의 자녀들아, 너희들은 낙심하지 말고 하느님께 부르짖어라. 그분이 너희들을 탄압하는 원수들의 손아귀에서 너희를 구원하실 것이다.
[22]나는 영원하신 그분이 너희를 구원하실 것을 간절히 바랐다. 그랬더니 거룩하신 그분이 나에게 기쁨을 주셨다. 너희들의 영원하신 구세주께서 자비를 너희에게 곧 베풀어 주셨다.
[23]나는 슬픔과 눈물로 너희를 떠나 보냈다. 그러나 하느님께서는 영원한 기쁨과 즐거움 가운데 너희를 나에게 돌려 보내 주실 것이다.
[24]시온의 이웃들이 지금 너희가 포로로 잡혀 가는 것을 보았지만 멀지 않아 하느님께서 너희를 구원해 주시는 것도 볼 것이다. 그 구원은 큰 영광과 영원하신 분의 빛으로 너희를 찾아 올 것이다.
[25]자녀들아, 하느님께서 너희에게 내리신 진노를 끝까지 참아라. 내 원수가 너희를 박해하였으나 멀지 않아 너희가 그들이 망하는 것을 보게 될 것이다. 그리고 그들의 목을 짓밟을 것이다.
[26]내 귀한 자식들은 험한 길을 걸어 갔고 마치 원수들에게 약탈당한 양떼처럼 멀리 끌려 갔다.
[27]너희는 낙심하지 말고 하느님께 부르짖어라. 그분이 너희를 기억해 주실 것이다.
[28]너희들의 마음이 하느님을 떠나 곁길로 들어 섰으나, 이제는 돌아 서서 십 배의 열심으로 그분을 찾아야 한다.
[29]너희에게 재난을 가져다 주신 그분이 너희를 구원하여 너희에게 영원한 기쁨을 가져다 줄 것이다."
[30]용기를 내어라, 예루살렘아 너에게 이름을 주신 분이 너를 위로해 주실 것이다.
[31]너를 학대하고 네가 넘어지는 것을 기뻐하던 사람들은 불행하다.
[32]네 자녀들을 노예로 끌어 간 도시들은 불행하게 될 것이다. 네 아들을 포로로 받아 들인 그 도시도 불행하다.
[33]네가 넘어지는 것을 보고 기뻐하고 네가 망하는 것을 보고 즐거워한 도시는 저도 고독하게 되어 슬퍼하리라.
[34]그 도시에 사는 군중들의 위세를 내가 꺾어 버릴 것이며 그들의 기쁨을 슬픔으로 바꿀 것이다.
[35]영원하신 분으로부터 불이 내려 와 그 도시가 여러 날 동안 타게 될 것이며 오래도록 마귀들이 거기서 들끓을 것이다.
[36]예루살렘아, 동쪽으로 눈을 돌려 하느님께로부터 너에게 오는 기쁨을 바라보아라.
[37]보라, 네가 떠나 보낸 아들들이 돌아 온다. 그들은 거룩하신 분의 말씀을 듣고 하느님의 영광을 기뻐하면서
[38]사방에서 함께 모여 들고 있다.

Bar.5
[1] Take off the garment of your sorrow and affliction,
O Jerusalem,
and put on for ever the beauty of the glory from God.
[2] Put on the robe of the righteousness from God;
put on your head the diadem of the glory of the Everlasting.
[3] For God will show your splendor everywhere under heaven.
[4] For your name will for ever be called by God,
"Peace of righteousness and glory of godliness."

[5] Arise, O Jerusalem, stand upon the height
and look toward the east,
and see your children gathered from west and east,
at the word of the Holy One,
rejoicing that God has remembered them.
[6] For they went forth from you on foot,
led away by their enemies;
but God will bring them back to you,
carried in glory, as on a royal throne.
[7] For God has ordered that every high mountain
and the everlasting hills be made low
and the valleys filled up, to make level ground,
so that Israel may walk safely in the glory of God.
[8] The woods and every fragrant tree
have shaded Israel at God's command.
[9] For God will lead Israel with joy,
in the light of his glory,
with the mercy and righteousness that come from him.
5장
[1]예루살렘아, 슬픔과 재난의 옷을 벗어 버리고 하느님께로부터 오는 영광의 아름다운 옷을 영원히 입어라.
[2]하느님께로부터 오는 정의의 겉옷을 걸치고 영원하신 분의 영광스러운 관을 네 머리에 써라.
[3]하느님께서는 하늘 아래 어디에서나 너를 빛나게 해 주실 것이다.
[4]그리고 너를 "정의에 평화, 경건에 영광" 이라 불러 영원히 하느님과 같게 하시리라.
[5]예루살렘아, 일어나 높은 곳에 서서 동쪽을 바라보아라. 그리고 네 자녀들이 거룩하신 분의 말씀을 듣고 하느님께서 기억해 주신 것을 기뻐하면서 사방으로부터 모여 들고 있는 것을 보아라.
[6]그들은 원수들에게 끌려 너에게서 떠나 갔었다. 그러나 하느님께서는, 옥좌에 앉은 임금처럼, 영광스럽게 그들을 너에게로 돌려 보내신다.
[7]하느님께서는 높은 산과 오랜 언덕은 낮아지고 골짜기는 메워져 평지가 되라고 명령하셨다. 그리하여 이스라엘은 하느님의 영광 가운데서 굳건하게 걸어 갈 것이다.
[8]하느님의 명령으로 숲과 향기로운 나무들도 우거져 이스라엘 온 땅을 뒤덮을 것이다.
[9]하느님께서는 당신의 영광스런 빛과 자비와 정의로 이스라엘을 기꺼이 인도해 주실 것이다.
0 Comments
반응형 구글광고 등
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory KakaoTalk NaverBand